Friday 19 August 2011

Strength and Performance 9

Final session of the 4 week pre-load as it were.
After the race yesterday I am properly knackered. I didn't sleep well, things were going around my head, whether I could have done better, how I could have run differently, should I have run my own race, etc. (but I'll write about them in a race post mortem later on.
All I knew when I got up this morning was that I felt knackered. I probably looked it as well, but that didn't matter. I have work today. S&P from 7am, training, massage, then over to Rockover in the afternoon and then massage clients until 7pm, then a drive home. No time to be tired.

After a coffee and the drive to S&P I'm feeling a little revived, but I know that todays session, even though its the same as the previous weeks is not going to be a fun one. Rolling out and doing stretches and mobilisations I'm feeling weak, but I shall still do the training.
Reverse lunges I do with the 10kg, like last week, and then for the final set ramp it up to 12.5 kg. Wide grip pull ups I manage 2 sets of 5 and then a final pull of another 2, and then 1 at the end.
By the end of the pronated rows, the plank and glute lifts I am fit to drop, and I must look it as Sean comes over and tells me there is no "finisher" today as I look "finished". He mentions that I looked pretty tired on Monday as well... I didn't realise that, I thought I was doing ok... maybe the weekend of climbing had taken more out of me than I thought.
I'm partially happy about that, and partially annoyed that there won't be a finisher- I should be able to carry on. Mentally, and physically though, I'm ready to fall over and sleep.

The next 3 days are going to be made up mostly of relaxing, massage (as a client and as a therapist), a bit of light walking, and nothing more than recovery.
Next week is the start of something new. I'm very much looking forward to it, but with not a little trepidation. Should be good. I just have to concentrate on some proper rest now. Harder than it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment